Express Entry Steps:
Before you start
a) Language Test: you will need to take a language test and we will use your test results to see if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the Federal programs.
b) Educational Credential Assessment: if you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials assessed against Canadian standards.
c) Find your “NOC Code”: use Canada’s job classification system (the National Occupation Classification or NOC) to find out if the skill type of the job your work experience is in is valid under one of the three federal programs.
This is not mandatory if:
- You got at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
- Your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
Note: : Even if you do not need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so in order to increase your score and chances of being invited to apply.
STEP 1: See if you may be eligible
1. Find out to see you are eligible to apply
2. Calculate your points on Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)
STEP 2: Build your online Express Entry profile
Complete an Express Entry profile with the following information:
- Contact Information
- Education in more detail
- Work experience in more detail
- Language ability
- Family member who would come with you to Canada (dependants)
Provide supporting documents:
- Your passport or travel document
- Your NOC job title and code
- Your language test results (either IELTS, CELPIP or TEF)
- Your educational credential assessment result, if you have one
- A copy of your written job offer from an employer in Canada, if you have one
- A copy of your provincial nomination, if you have one, and
- Your personal reference code from the Step 1
STEP 3: Register with Job Bank
To finish your Express Entry profile you must register with the Government of Canada’s Job Bank if you do not already have:
- A valid job offer, or
- A nomination from a province or territory.
Note: If you do not register with Job Bank within 30 days your Express Entry profile will expire.
If you are eligible
The Express Entry Pool:
- If you meet the requirements, you will be placed into the Express Entry pool of candidates.
- You will be given a score using a ranking system based on factors that have been shown to help immigrants prosper in Canada. The higher your score, the more likely you are to be invited to apply for permanent residence.
- If you are accepted into the Express Entry pool, you should start getting any supporting documents you may need for your application for permanent resident. You could get an Invitation to Apply at any time.
- There are a total of 1,200 points available under the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Express Entry Rounds of Invitations
Click here for updated information
If you are being invited to apply:
If you get an Invitation to Apply, you can apply for permanent residence.
You will be invited only if you:
- Have a valid job offer,
- Have been nominated by a province or territory, or
- Are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.